For those of you who don't know, the Tour of the Fireflies is the oldest and biggest critical mass ride in the country, with the number of participants reaching well over 10,000. Try to imagine controlling that many cyclists and you'll know why they're in dire need of marshals.
I've tried joining one of these marshal rides and it was lots of fun. They taught us how to guide a pack of cyclists through traffic. It was great. It's a bummer that I didn't get to finish the whole course. And so now, I guess I'm a marshal wannabe.
If you'd like to help, keep on reading!
The Tour of the Fireflies gets bigger every year with a significant increase on the the number of participants. As we strive to make it better and safer for our fellow cyclists, we are in need of brave souls who can be marshals for this year's tour. So, if you think you are up to this challenging yet fulfilling task, here are the training scheds:
Marshal Training Dates:
March 6, 13, 20, 27
April 3 and 10.
(April 10 is a dry run / must ride)
Venue: People's Village, Tiendesitas, Pasig City.
Meet-up time: 6:30am
Mga criteria upang maging isang bike marshal
1. Attendance: isang orientation at dalawang rayds
2. Nasa sapat na gulang: 21 taon pataas
3. Nasa kondisyon ang pangangatawan.
4. May maayos na bayk, helmet at bike tools.
5. Masipag, matulungin, malakas ang loob.
6. Naniniwala sa kabutihang dulot ng pamimisikleta sa kalikasan.
1. Sumali sa isang bike marshal orientation.
a. Ibigay ang mga kailangang impormasyon sa isang registration form
b. Magpakuha ng litrato para sa ID
2. Sumali sa mga skills/training rides (minimum: dalawa)
3. Iaanunsyo sa pamamagitan ng text message ang lahat ng nakapasa at hindi nakapasa sa pagsasanay bilang bike marshal isang linggo bago ang Tour.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aside from tour marshals, we have several other activities where an extra hand would be appreciated. If you are interested in sharing your time for a good cause, please email email@example.com.
Post a Comment
Feel free to write a comment or a message. You can also send me an email at jovan [at] bisikleta [dot] ph.